Thread: Not sure if 4Ground are checking the original KS page.....

Not sure if 4Ground are checking the original KS page.....

As people are starting to receive their first 3D printed mini, there's a couple of reports of mini being "sticky" with a liquid residue and one of the mini having voids in the print. Not sure what the fix is for the sticky residue (sounds like they need more curing time), however my mini had none of these issues (other than it came out of the MDF box during shipping, and was loose in the shipping box sans caddy...perhaps a testament to their durability). But if the fix is to simply "cure" them in daylight, could someone confirm it over on the comments section from 4Ground?

My Dwarf was a bit sticky and partly covered in clear liquid substance. I left it by the window for couple of days and it is properly cured now. The parts which had some of that clear liquid are now shiny, as if varnished. But all the detail is there.

I was wondering if leaving it out in the sunlight would "cure" the mini, you'll have to let us know how it takes paint (shiny could possibly be a pain). Like you I drained my mini with a drill hole between the legs (although mine wasn't sticky, I was worried about the possibility of hot weather causing it to sweat at a later date). Not sure if there are any other voids in the mini (perhaps Cad could let us know when he gets back from Historicon), the backpack could be a possibility?

Alas seems to be a bit of a breakdown with communications atm, there's 2 or 3 backers waiting for a reply to emails about recent shipments (with no response in 2-3 weeks), I also have an issue with missing stuff that's been outstanding for 4 weeks now (with no response). Not sure who's supposed to be doing the backer/customer support atm, but I think they might need another body (or more time to do it). Even if everyone is still busy shipping the KS shipments, just a quick note on the comments page to let people know when you'll be able to get round to it would help.

Kickstarter Backer
    We’re we supposed to get a coin or something in with the dwarf?

An MDF disk/coin with a discount code on the back that gives you about 15% off in the 4 ground webstore should be in with the dwarf. There is a metal coin (if I remember correctly) that's presumably coming with the main shipment next march (as Cad and Ben haven't said anything about shipping them in the Livestreams).